Sunday 24 January 2016

Beauty Review: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Matte Lipsticks

Last week I purchased two more of Boujois' Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks because I wanted more colours to add to my collection... erm do I need better reason? Lately, I have been purchasing more nude/pink toned lipsticks that I can wear throughout the day, and then saving the brighter and bolder lipstick colours for when I go out.
I am definitely more of a plum-coloured lipstick kind of girl, and this Bourjois one in shade #14 Plum Plum Girl is actually perfect to me, and I wear it a lot when I go out. Next, shade #07 Nude-ist is a nice light pink-toned colour when applied and I have been wearing this during the day or when I'm trying to keep my make-up more 'natural'. Finally, shade #13 Red-volution is a beautiful bold red colour and I will go as far to say it's on par with MAC's Ruby Woo (definite dupe alert here).

I have worn these Bourjois matte lipsticks a lot and I don't think they are drying on the lips at all, but I would not recommend wearing them if your lips are already dry because they will highlight that. Using a lip scrub before hand would help create a smooth surface. When it comes to length of wear, I would say that you could wear these for quite a few hours (up to 4 hours sometimes) without even having to think of touching it up. However, if you are eating and drinking then obviously the lipstick is going to wear off a lot quicker. But, if you're wearing this when you're heading out for the evening I would say you won't have to worry about it coming off. It does transfer a lot so you may have to do a bit of blotting first too. They don't take long to dry at all and are very matte once applied, I really do love these lipsticks!
1st - #07 Nude-ist, 2nd - #14 Plum Plum Girl, 3rd - #15 Red-volution
Have you tried Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks, and what do you think? What are your favourite shades?
There are so many more colours I want to try, but it's hard getting them sometimes as they fly off the shelves once they are restocked. I can't tell you how long it took me to get my hands on #14!!

Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have been wanting to try these for ages and I haven't yet bought one. The plum one looks gorgeous. I have so many red lippys that I am looking for other colours that pop. great post though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are really good lipsticks and are great on a night out :) I really like the plum one, I wear that quite a lot! xx

      Delete

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig