Saturday 31 October 2015

The Halloween Edit: Nails, Make Up and Films

One thing I really love about Halloween is people's spirit, whether it's making an effort to dress up, buying/making Halloween inspired food, watching scary movies or carving pumpkins. It's a lot like Christmas nowadays, and I really love that so many people get involved, whether old or young, and in any small or big way possible.

First of all, I have seen some really great make up looks floating around various social media sites, and I am in absolute awe in some of the creativity of some bloggers. I wish I have some of the talent that so many of you have, but I have done a little experiment of my own, in trying to create some Halloween inspired nails. As shown in the image above, I think I did pretty well and have received some good responses from people and I am very pleased about them. I think with a little more practice I might try doing some more designs in the future. I'd recommend trying the pattern on my little finger because it is really simple to create, and you could even do it in red so it looks more like blood.
Next, in preparation for my Halloween plans, I have purchased some more of my favourite lashes the Eylure No. 83 volume lashes. Eylure create some amazing lashes, and they last absolutely ages, so there is no problem with them on a night out. They have a new limited edition princess collection out, that have sparkles on them, so I am quite keen to get my hands on some of them too. Also, I am a big fan of dark red and plum lipsticks, and they go perfectly with the spooky Autumn season. The two pictured above are Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick #30 and Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick #14 which are both divine dark plum shades, and are very long lasting so also perfect for a night out. My only debate will be deciding which one to wear out!

Top: Rimmel, Bottom: Bourjois
I am not really a big fan of horror movies, because they're scary, but I can handle watching some especially if I am not alone. So I have decided to compose a small 'Halloween films to watch' list. I am going out in the evening, but will be sure to cram in some scary films during the day before I go out. Here are some of my film suggestions:
  1. Any of the Saw films (pick any one, the first few are the better ones in my opinion)
  2. Dawn of the Dead (a must if you love zombies)
  3. Halloween (could possibly be an obvious one)
  4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 - I always find older films scarier)
  5. Sleepy Hollow (two words: Johnny Depp)
  6. The Nightmare Before Christmas (you can watch this at Halloween and Christmas!)
  7. Shaun of the Dead (actually one of my favourite films)
How are you going to be spending your Halloween this year? Do you have any further suggestions on make up looks, or films to watch?

P.S. A big thank you to my lovely friend who designed and created my Halloween themed post header. Just look at how cute the pumpkin Mickey Mouse is!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig