Thursday 8 October 2015

Film Review: Cinderella

Image source: www.followingthenerd.com
Wow! What a spectacular adaption of one of the best-known and loved fairy tales. At first I was not quite sure what I was expecting, as I thought maybe they would significantly change or enhance certain aspects of the fairy tale. But, I could not have been more wrong since the director (Kenneth Branagh) brilliantly captured the magic of Cinderella from the beginning.

Ella (Lily James) is a pure beauty, even when dressed to suit her nickname 'cinders' or 'cinderella'. The nickname, as given to her by her horrible step-sisters Drisella and Anastasia, also played their role brilliantly because I actually found myself beginning to feel hate towards them whilst watching the film. Particularly, Ella's step-mother Lady Tremaine (Cate Blanchett) was superb in her role, and so very cruel that you could almost feel her intentions for Ella. I found that the story line matched that of the earlier animated Disney Cinderella just with real life actors, but sadly the animals (Jaq, Gus and Lucifer) did not talk.

Also, the graphics were spectacular in that they really brought to life the fairy tale aspect of the film. From the fairy godmother (Helena Bonham Carter) creating the glass slippers to turning the pumpkin into Ella's carriage for the ball it was truly magically to watch. Now, I could be a little biased because I am a fan of Disney fairy tales in particular, but I would certainly recommend a watch if this is your sort of thing because I guarantee you will adore this version just as much as the animated original. Not to mention that the Prince (Richard Madden) was a joy to watch during the film, so there's an added bonus for you! It is truly an enchanting take on Cinderella, full of excitement, ups and downs, and of course a happily ever after.
I would rate this film 4 out of 5.

Have you seen this film yet, and what do you think?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I thought it was a great newer adaptation of Cinderella. I liked that the message of the movie was to "Be kind." I did love the subtly sassy Cinderella from the original Disney version, but this newer Cinderella also sends out a good message to young girls and aspiring princesses :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jasmine, and I definitely agree with you I think the message of this film sets a brilliant example for the younger generation, and all aspiring princesses of course! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, I love this film! Its so cute :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Georgia! It really is a cute film and such a great adaptation of the classic fairy tale! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig