Wednesday 5 August 2015

Film Review: Ant-Man



"I'm Ant-Man... What, you haven't heard of me?" - Scott Lang/Ant-Man
Before going to see Ant-Man I was aware that there have been very mixed reviews of this film, as there are with most films, but I knew it was going to be a film I would like because, in my opinion, Marvel have yet to make a tragic film.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for me this film was great and I would recommend a watch to anyone. It has lots of little quirks and jokes that kept me giggling throughout the film, such as Michael Pena's character Luis, who had a lot of idiotic stunts and phrases. Surprisingly, a superhero who can shrink to the size of an ant is actually a pretty cool superhero, and Paul Rudd was well suited to pull off being Ant-Man.

Scott Lang is a thief who has been in and out of jail, but wants to set himself on the straight and narrow so he can have a relationship with this young daughter, Cassie. But, he finds it increasingly difficult to find a job with criminal record. Dr Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, watches Scott over a period of time because he is interested in his ability to break into places, and thus puts him forward as the best candidate for the next man to wear the Ant-Man suit. Hank Pym and his daughter Hope, are both trying to stop Darren Cross (who is taking over Pym's company) from recreating the Ant-Man suit because his intentions are not good. Cross gets very close to succeeding with his Yellowjacket suit and hosts an unveiling ceremony, which angers Pym and thus where Scott comes in, to take down Cross and the Yellowjacket. And here follows all the great fighting scenes. In between all this, there are the jokes and fantastic graphics to look forward to.

Maybe it is not a typical Marvel film in some sense, when comparing it to the likes of The Avengers. But you've got to remember it is a separate film with a different pace to the other Marvel films. Of course, there are many easter eggs to look out for whilst watching the film, as there always is (I love finding them). Lastly, I would just recommend having an open mind if you're a Marvel fan already, and I think it is a film anyone would enjoy - it is especially a great one for families.

So there you have it, are you going to watch Ant-Man or have you already seen it?
I would love to hear your views too!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig